Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

DailyflyDailyfly

Local News

Electrical Issues Suspected to be Initial Cause of Structure Fire on Asotin Creek Road

Asotin County Fire District #1

ASOTIN – Fire crews were dispatched to a home on fire about two miles west of Asotin on Asotin Creek Road just after 4 p.m. Friday, April 15.

The initial caller said they could see smoke and flames coming from the home. When the first engine from the City of Asotin arrived they could see smoke coming from the attic a roof area of the house.

The homeowner had put a lot of the fire out with a hose as crews arrived. The kitchen area had most of the fire and there was smoke damage in the rest of the house.

Fire crews were able to extinguish hot spots in the attic area. The initial cause of the fire appears to be a possible electrical issue with a wall heater. Fire crews were on the scene for just over an hour and there were no reported injuries.