LEWISTON – It came down to the final match on Friday when NCAA Division I Eastern Washington defeated (RV) LC State Men’s Tennis 4-3 in the LCSC Tennis Center. The Warriors took all three doubles matches to earn the doubles point, but EWU won four singles matches to earn the win.
Dan Felker and Cade Edwards dominated at No. 1 doubles with a 6-1 victory. Itaru Kikuchi and Declan Townsend teamed up at No. 2 to earn a 6-3 win, and Daniel Tevez and Austin edged EWU 6-4 in No. 3 doubles.
Townsend and Edwards continued their strong play into singles action. Townsend took the second singles match by a final of 6-3, 6-4. Edwards battled through a tough first set to a earn a 7-5 victory before closing out No. 3 singles with a 6-4 win in the second set.
- Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Caden Kammerer/Erik Salvik (EWU) 6-1
- Itaru Kikuchi/Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Brady Thomas/Drew Dillon (EWU) 6-3
- Daniel Tevez/Austin Swing (LCSC) def. Steven Paz/Tyler Dalos (EWU) 6-4
- Steven Paz (EWU) def. Dan Felker (LCSC) 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
- Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Caden Kammerer (EWU) 6-3, 6-4
- Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Erik Salvik (EWU) 7-5, 6-4
- Tyler Dalos (EWU) def. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 4-6, 7-6, 6-4
- Drew Dillon (EWU) def. Austin Swing (LCSC) 7-6, 6-1
- Bruno Ortega (EWU) def. Daniel Tevez (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
The Warriors wrap up the weekend on Sunday against Whitworth.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.