NEWBURG, Ore. – (RV) LC State Men’s Tennis fell to NCAA Division III George Fox on the road on Friday night. The Warriors picked up a doubles win and two singles victories in the 5-2 loss.
“It is always good to see the battle and the grind that the players go through,” Head Coach Kai Fong said. “The players are managing their competitive mindsets better with each match. They are understanding how to sustain their focus throughout the entire match.”
Dan Felker and Cade Edwards earned a 6-2 victory at No. 2 doubles, but GFU took the other two matches to earn the doubles point. Declan Townsend and Itaru Kikuchi battled to a tie breaker before falling 6-5 in the top doubles pairing.
Felker took home a win in the top singles spot in straight sets (6-2, 6-3). Austin Swing also earned a point for the Warriors with a 6-3, 6-7, 10-8 win at No. 4 singles.
1. V. Pashayan/C. Camacho (GFU) def. Declan Townsend/Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 7-5
2. Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. L. Schmassmana/A. Banna (GFU) 6-2
3. E. Mizerski/H. Fujimeri (GFU) def. Andy Wu/Austin Swing (LCSC) 6-3
1. Dan Felker (LCSC) def. V. Pashayan (GFU) 6-2, 6-3
2. E. Mizerski (GFU) def. Cade Edwards (LCSC) 6-3, 6-2
3. L. Schmassmana (GFU) def. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Austin Swing (LCSC) def. A. Stone (GFU) 6-3, 6-7, 10-8
5. H. Fujimori (GFU) def. M. Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-2, 6-0
6. C. Camacho (GFU) def. Daniel Tevez (LCSC) 6-4, 6-3
The Warriors get their first taste of NAIA action on Saturday when they take on William Jessup (Calif.) in a neutral site contest at 9 a.m. It will be the first matchup between the two teams in program history.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.