Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Advertisements
DailyflyDailyfly

Sponsored

Friday’s Weather

Flood Warning

Affected Area

Portions of Idaho, including the following counties, Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce and Shoshone. Portions of Washington, including the following counties, Chelan, Ferry, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane and Stevens

Description

…FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING… WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible. WHERE…Portions of Idaho, including the following counties, Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce and Shoshone. Portions of Washington, including the following counties, Chelan, Ferry, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane and Stevens. WHEN…From Thursday morning through Friday morning. IMPACTS…Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Extensive street flooding and flooding of creeks and rivers are possible. ADDITIONAL DETAILS… – Thunderstorms will first impact the central Idaho Panhandle early Thursday and transition to heavy torrential rainfall by mid to late Thursday into northeast and north central Washington. Burn scars in steep terrain will be susceptable to flash flooding. Urban and rural areas may experience flooding in low lying areas and roadways. The threat for flooding will continue overnight into Friday. – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

LC Valley

Today: Mostly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible.  Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. A few clouds from time to time overnight.  Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. 80/61

Saturday: Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible.  Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Partly cloudy overnight. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. 83/63

Sunday: Sunshine and clouds mixed. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Partly cloudy overnight. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. 86/64

Palouse

Today: Showers in the morning with some clearing in the afternoon. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.  A few clouds overnight.  Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. 74/54

Saturday: Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. A few clouds overnight.  Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. 76/56

Sunday: Intervals of clouds and sunshine.  Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Partly cloudy overnight. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. 79/56

Prairie

Today: Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Isolated thunderstorms during the evening hours. Skies will become partly cloudy overnight. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. 67/51

Saturday: Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. A few clouds from time to time in the evening.  Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. 69/55

Sunday: Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. A few clouds from time to time overnight. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. 73/55

Advertisements
Advertisements

Idaho State News

idfg-cliess Monday, December 18, 2023 – 11:30 AM MST Turn your backyard into a bird B&B with these helpful wintertime bird-feeding tips We all...