Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

DailyflyDailyfly

Local News

House Fire Monday Causes $25,000 of Damage

LEWISTON – At approximately 12:24 p.m. Monday, May 9, Lewiston Fire units were dispatched for a reported structure at 1028 Bryden Avenue.

Initial reports from callers were flames on the roof. The first arriving engine reported smoke and fire on the roof and fire in the attic. Upon further investigation, the fire was on the roof that had started from sparks or debris from a fireplace.

There was no fire within the structure. Crews rapidly attacked and extinguished the fire with hand lines.

Lewiston Fire responded with three engines, two medic units, three chief officers, and a fire investigation team. LFD was supported by Clearwater Paper Fire, Lewiston Police, and Avista.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries and damage was estimated at $25,000.00