BOISE – The Idaho Food Bank Fund announced Wednesday that its 2022 grant application process is open between July 1 and July 31, 2022, to Idaho 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that provide nutrition awareness, promote healthy eating, or relieve hunger. Funds can be used to operate programs; purchase food; purchase nutrition education materials; expand capacity (new freezers, shelving, transportation, etc); or promote access for anyone in need, including underserved and/or marginalized populations.
The Idaho Food Bank Fund was established by the Idaho State Legislature in 2009 and provides financial support to Idaho nonprofits. It is administered by Catholic Charities of Idaho, Community Action Partnership Association of Idaho, and The Idaho Foodbank. The fund is financed by the generosity of the Idaho taxpayers when they donate through a “check off” box on their Idaho State tax returns. In 2021 grants totaling $133,500 were allocated to 36 statewide nonprofits that provide critical nutrition education and hunger relief services across the state.
- Hunger relief organizations serving Idahoans are eligible to apply for these grants
- Applicants do not need to be associated with the steward organizations mentioned above to apply for or receive funding.
- Grants will be awarded in early October 2022.
- Applications can be found online or a hardcopy can be requested by sending an email to: email@example.com
- Click here for more information and the online application form: https://idahofoodbankfund.org/