Moscow, ID- The Idaho State Board of Education will hold a regular Board meeting April 25-26, 2023 at the Bruce M. Pitman Center on the University of Idaho campus in Moscow.
The meeting will be carried via livestream at: https://www.uidaho.edu/news/ui-live
The agenda and Board meeting materials are available on the State Board of Education website: https://boardofed.idaho.gov/event/board-meeting-moscow-4/
At the beginning and end of both days, the Board will go into executive session to conduct five annual evaluations of the presidents of Idaho’s public four-year institutions and the Board’s executive director.
Regular Agenda items include:
- The Board will hear from University of Idaho students and staff while the Board sits as the University of Idaho Board of Regents during the meeting.
- Consider approval of a Board resolution prohibiting diversity statements to be required for candidates applying for employment at Idaho public four-year institutions.
- Consider extending a temporary rule to continue to base public school funding on enrollment rather than average daily attendance for the remainder of the current school year.
- Consider a proposal by Boise State University to construct a new residence hall for students, and a request by Idaho State University to approve a new campus master plan for its Meridian campus.
- The Board will also elect its officers at the conclusion of the meeting; president, vice-president and secretary, each of whom will serve a one-year term.
Tuition and fee proposals from each of Idaho’s four-year institutions, which are normally taken up during the April Board meeting, will be considered at a later date.