LEWISTON – Itaru Kikuchi earned a singles victory, but the Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis team lost 6-1 to NCAA Division I opponent Idaho State at the LCSC Tennis Center on Saturday.
The loss dropped the Warrior season record to 10-12.
Kikuchi earned the first set victory in No. 2 singles before Patrick Kristensen edged out the second set in a tiebreaker. The sophomore took the third-set super tiebreaker to take the victory 6-3, 6-7(6), 10-8.
Earlier in the day, Kikuchi teamed up with Austin Swing and lost in a close No. 2 doubles contest. The pair lost to Victor Sklenka and Hiroki Fujita 6-4. Declan Townsend and Maksim Matyrnyi battled to the same result in No. 1 doubles.
- Andreas Kramer/Valentino De Pellegrin (ISU) def. Declan Townsend/Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-4
- Victor Sklenka/Hiroki Fujita (ISU) def. Austin Swing/Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 6-4
- Patrick Kristensen/Wikus Robbertse (ISU) def. Daniel Tevez/Juan Naranjo (LCSC) 6-1
- Valentino De Pellegrin (ISU) def. Declan Townsend (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
- Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) def. Patrick Kristensen (ISU) 6-3, 6-7(6), 10-8
- Victor Sklenka (ISU) def. Austin Swing (LCSC) 6-2, 6-4
- Andreas Kramer (ISU) def. Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-1, 6-0
- Wikus Robbertse (ISU) def. Daniel Tevez (LCSC) 6-2, 6-2
- Hiroki Fujita (ISU) def. Alvaro Camino (LCSC) 6-3, 6-1
The Warriors host their final team-scoring match at 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 16 against Puget Sound. The match will take place at Lewiston High School.
Stay up to date on all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.