WALLA WALLA – Yelena Kim picked up a pair of victories, but the Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team lost to NCAA Division III opponent Whitman 6-3 on Saturday.
Kim teamed with Catherine Khardina in No. 2 doubles to defeat Angel Le and Sascha Wells 8-3. The freshman then earned a No. 1 singles victory over Le in three sets, 6-2, 1-6, 6-4.
Heidi Moyo won a crazy battle in No. 4 singles versus Ilina Jha where the third-set tiebreaker went into overtime before Moyo earned a 6-2, 6-7(0), 14-12.
Lina Boylan pushed her No. 3 singles contest to a third-set tiebreaker before falling to Jin Yu 1-6, 6-2, 7-6(2).
The Warriors return home to host DI Weber State at noon on Saturday, April 15.
Stay up to date on all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.
- Jin Yu/Teleya Blunt (WC) def. Heidi Moyo/April Buckingham (LCSC) 8-3
- Catherine Khardina/Yelena Kim (LCSC) def. Angel Le/Sascha Wells (WC) 8-3
- Ilina Jha/Camilla Tarpey-Schwed (WC) def. Alexis Maison/Beatriz Lambru (LCSC) 8-4
- Yelena Kim (LCSC) def. Angel Le (WC) 6-2, 1-6, 6-4
- Camilla Schwed (WC) def. Catherine Khardina (LCSC) 6-0, 6-3
- Jin Yu (WC) def. Lina Boylan (LCSC) 1-6, 6-2, 7-6(2)
- Heidi Moyo (LCSC) def. Ilina Jha (WC) 6-2, 6-7(0), 14-12
- Teleya Blunt (WC) def. April Buckingham (LCSC) 6-2, 6-4
- Julia Longpre (WC) def. Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) 6-1, 6-0