LEWISTON – A variety of events that include entertainment, a talent show, a magician performance, and contests highlight Lewis-Clark State College’s ninth annual modern-day Homecoming Week, set for Oct. 16-20. This year’s homecoming theme is Rock n’ Roll.
All Homecoming events are open to the public to either watch or participate in and are free except for the volleyball match. Anyone planning to attend one or more events is asked to register online at www.lcsc.edu/homecoming by clicking on the “Register Today” box. The first 500 to register are eligible to receive a free 2023 Homecoming bandana and can also order a Homecoming T-shirt or tank top for $10, or $12 for size 2X or larger. Only a certain number of shirts/tank tops are available and should be ordered online to guarantee a size.
There are four events that will take place each day during the week, including a card find. One card will be hidden on campus and another one at a participating Beautiful Downtown Lewiston business location. Clues will be posted on the LC State Alumni social media Facebook and Instagram accounts. Anyone finding a card is asked to bring it to the LC State Advancement Office, located at 602 11th Ave. in Lewiston, to receive a prize.
LC State residence halls will have a week-long competition to crown the 2023 Homecoming Residence Life Hall champion. Events will include residence life hall Homecoming-themed decorations as well as event participation at certain events during the week. The winning residence hall will receive an ice cream party.
There also will be a decoration contest for LC State campus offices. Campus departments will be provided with a small decorating starter kit and must create a Homecoming-theme décor as well. The winning office will receive a traveling trophy as well as a special treat.
Also during the week, Beautiful Downtown Lewiston businesses will have a window decoration contest with the 2023 Homecoming theme. Judging will take place on Oct. 18 and the winner will be announced at the LC State volleyball match on Oct. 20 and will receive a traveling trophy.
Date-specific events for the week are listed below. Idaho Central Credit Union is the title sponsor of Homecoming Week.
For more information on the events below or to register to participate, visit www.lcsc.edu/homecoming/events.
Monday, Oct. 16
- Light Up Campus Decorating, 3 p.m., Doks (across main entrance to SUB) – Help hang lights and get the campus ready for the light-up campus event on Oct. 20 after the volleyball match.
Tuesday, Oct. 17
- Homecoming Kickoff, 5 p.m. SUB Amphitheater – Join the newest sport team at LC State, the dance team, as the group joins the Warrior volleyball team for Homecoming festivities. The LC State Rock Band also will be performing.
- Shopping Cart Races, 5:15 p.m., fire lane outside the SUB – Three people are required per team, including two to push the shopping cart while the other is inside the cart. There will be a race track and teams are encouraged to come up with a theme and wear costumes. Prizes will be awarded for speed, spirit and style.
- Yard games/bonfire, 7 p.m., Talkington Hall lawn/fire lane outside the SUB – Following the shopping cart races will be a bonfire. Also enjoy making s’mores around the fire pits.
Wednesday, Oct. 18
- Warrior Wednesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., fire lane outside the SUB. Several LC State clubs and departments on campus will have informational booths.
- Warriors Got Talent, 7 p.m., Silverthorne Theatre. A talent show for LC State students to participate in.
Thursday, Oct. 19
- Alumni Association Happy Hour, 5-7 p.m., MJ Barleyhoppers at the Hells Canyon Grand Hotel, Lewiston. Join Warrior alumni and friends for happy hour. Appetizers will be provided with a no-host bar.
- Trigg Watson, magician, 7 p.m., Silverthorne Theatre – The magician, who was a semifinalist on season 18 of “America’s Got Talent,” will perform. Sponsored by the Warrior Entertainment Board.
Friday, Oct. 20
- LC State Faculty/Staff Alumni Lunch, noon, Williams Conference Center – All LC State employees who are alums of the college are invited to attend a lunch hosted by the LC State Alumni Association. There will be some prize giveaways as well.
- LC State Faculty/Staff vs. Students Dodgeball Game, 1:15 p.m., Activity Center West Gym. Faculty and staff take on students in a dodge ball contest.
- Warrior FanFest, 4-5:30 p.m., outside Activity Center West – The event features food, games, face painting, Warrior athletics, live music by Torn Veil and more.
- LC State women’s volleyball vs. Southern Oregon University, 6 p.m., P1FCU Activity Center – Watch the Warriors take on SOU in a Cascade Collegiate Conference match. Tickets can purchased in advance online.
- Light Up Campus, following volleyball match, Administration Building – Wrap up Homecoming Week by watching the lights being turned on. Hot chocolate and smores will be available