December 29, 2022 — MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
Watch a video update from the Moscow Police Department:https://youtu.be/OB5VSja2We0
- On Friday morning, December 30, the 1122 King Street residence will remain an active crime scene under police control. However, Moscow Police has worked with Team Idaho Property Management Services to begin remediation of the residence by a private company. Remediation activities include removing potential biohazards and other harmful substances used to collect evidence. There is no timeline for completion, but the property will be returned to the property management company when finished.
Moscow Police patrol officers will be in the area to keep the roadways open. Media is asked to provide adequate space for work vehicles accessing the residence.
- Investigators continue processing and working through more than 9,025 emailed tips, 4,575 phone tips, 6,050 digital media submissions, and have conducted over 300 interviews. Investigators believe someone has information that adds context to what occurred on the night of the murders and continue requesting additional pictures, video, and social media content. Our focus remains on the investigation, not an individual’s activities displayed in the tip.
Whether you believe it is significant or not, your information might be one of the puzzle pieces that help solve these murders. Digital submission of tips and leads will not be publicly disclosed due to our ongoing commitment to keep information private, and details may be pertinent to the ongoing criminal investigation.
- Progress continues to locate the white 2011-2013 Hyundai Elantra believed to be in the immediate area of the King Road residence during the early morning hours of November 13th. Investigators believe they may have critical information to share about this case. If you know of, or own, a vehicle matching this description, or know of anyone who may have been driving this specific vehicle on the days preceding or the day of the murders, please forward that information to the Tip Line.
- No has been identified and only vetted information that does not hinder the investigation will be released to the public. We encourage referencing official releases for accurate and updated progress. All press releases and related information is available at: https://www.ci.moscow.id.us/1064/King-Street-Homicide.
- Updates will be provided when new information is available for release.
The Moscow Police Department thanks our community for their continued support, understanding of the limited information we can share, and patience during this difficult time.