BOISE – Idaho Fish and Game is seeking comments on proposed migratory game bird seasons for 2023-24. Fish and Game staff will present all season proposals to the Commission for review during the April 13 conference call.
Hunters can review these proposals online and provide input on the Migratory Game Bird webpage. The deadline to comment is March 22. For those interested in commenting on a specific season proposal, click on the section you wish to provide input on below.
- Ducks, mergansers, coots, and Wilson’s snipe
- Canada geese
- Light geese (Snow and Ross’s geese)
- White-fronted geese
- Mourning and white-winged doves
- American crow
- Sandhill crane
The Fish and Game Commission will finalize the 2023-24 migratory game bird seasons during its April 13 conference call.
The public comment process will also include meetings and open houses hosted at Fish and Game’s regional offices at the time and dates listed below. Please note that not all Fish and Game regions will be hosting meetings and open houses.
Open houses and public meeting schedule
- Panhandle Region: March 21, 5-7 p.m. — Coeur D’Alene, Panhandle Regional Office, 2885 W. Kathleen Ave.
- Clearwater Region: March 21, 3-6 p.m. — Lewiston, Clearwater Regional Office, 3316 16th St.
- Southwest Region: March 13, 3-6 p.m. — McCall Regional Office, 555 Deinhard Ln.
- Southwest Region: March 14, 4-6 p.m. — Nampa Regional Office, 15950 N Gate Blvd.
- Magic Valley Region: March 14, 3-5 p.m. — Jerome, Magic Valley Regional Office, 324 417 E #1
- Southeast Region: March 14, 3-5 p.m. — Pocatello, Southeast Regional Office, 1345 Barton Rd.