Lewiston, ID- Rleased by the Lewiston Independent School District:
“Congratulations to Susan Weiner, Administrative Secretary at Webster Elementary School for receiving the Non Direct Educational Support Personnel of the Year Award!
She was selected from nominations submitted by parents, students and fellow staff members. The selection committee is made up of ESP award winners from prior years, supervisors and administrators.
• Susan always has a friendly attitude and a smile on her face which allows her to deal with the many challenges that come her way. Her positive attitude is contagious.
• Susan’s presence helps create a positive environment that is so needed in an elementary school. Faculty and Staff can depend on her. Her organizational and communication skills are outstanding and appreciated by all.
The following are excerpts from the nominations received for Susan:
• Susan spearheaded a campaign with a church in our Webster neighborhood, asking them to partner with our students to support their learning and nourishment needs. For three years, the church sent volunteers daily to work in classrooms, reading with children and helping them practice math skills. Susan’s innovative thinking is an example of how she is solution-focused on meeting the needs of students at our school.
• Susan constantly goes above and beyond for students, with a warm smile, encouraging students to always do their best and even helping children strategize with problem solving.
• Support personnel is the glue that holds our buildings together. Susan is precisely that person. Hardworking and willing to go the extra mile, Susan is a kind-hearted person dedicated to her job who makes a difference in the lives of those around her. She is an excellent candidate for this award”.