MOSCOW – Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis was unable to win a set in a meeting with NCAA Division I opponent Idaho in a 7-0 loss on Saturday. The third straight loss for the Warriors drops their season record to 6-9.
Dan Felker and Maksim Matyrnyi fought the closest doubles contest on the day with a 6-4 loss to Matteo Masala and Francisco Bascon in No. 1 doubles.
Cade Edwards lost the first set of No. 3 singles 6-4 en route to a loss to Bruno Casino.
Austin Swing lost the opening set by the same margin in No. 4 singles in a loss to Matteo Masala.
- Matteo Masala/Francisco Bascon (UI) def. Dan Felker/Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-4
- Alejandro Salvador/Bruno Casino (UI) def. Itaru Kikuchi/Cade Edwards (LCSC) 6-2
- Vivek Ramesh/Mario Duran (UI) def. Austin Swing/Juan Pablo Naranjo (LCSC) 6-1
- Francisco Bascon (UI) def. Dan Felker (LCSC) 6-1, 6-3
- Francisco Gay (UI) def. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
- Bruno Casino (UI) def. Cade Edwards (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
- Matteo Masala (UI) def. Austin Swing (LCSC) 6-4, 6-1
- Taiyo Kurata (UI) def. Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-2, 6-2
- Vivek Ramesh (UI) def. Alvaro Camino (LCSC) 6-3, 6-1
LC State travels to Kentucky to play four matches in three different cities between March 27-30.
Stay up to date on all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.