LEWISTON – LC State Men’s and Women’s Tennis closed out the 2023 season with individual matches against Treasure Valley CC in the LCSC Tennis Center. The matches marked the end of the collegiate careers of Alexis Maison, Thomas Schaap and Andy Wu.
Maison ended her time at LC State with a win at No. 1 doubles and No. 1 singles. The final shot of her career came in doubles action paired with Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva.
“Maria hit a great cross-court return pulling TVCC’s Alexa Hine off the court who lobbed the ball in order to keep it in play,” assistant coach Ryan LaPlante described. “Lexi moved up to the net in anticipation of the next shot and hit a powering overhead winner to win the match.”
Schaap paired with fellow senior Wu in No. 1 doubles for a 6-0 win and both earned 6-0, 6-0 sweeps in the top two singles spots.
“Thomas was up 40-15 while serving for the match in No. 1 singles. He had his normal stoic composure throughout the match, but he was even more focused on what could be his final point as a Warrior,” LaPlante said. “He tossed the ball up and hit a beautiful serve out wide to ace his opponent and win the match 6-0, 6-0.”
Wu was the last Warrior on the court.
“He was up 6-0, 5-0 and serving for the match against Max Walters,” LaPlante said. “Andy has been trained for years by Coach Kai Fong on the game plan for crucial points. The score was 40-30 and Andy served and vollied to put pressure on his opponent, just like he has been trained to do. Max’s return went into the net and Andy won his final point using the perfectly executed strategy.”
- Andy Wu/Thomas Schaap (LCSC) def. Max Walters/Jared Hally (TVCC) 6-0
- Juan Naranjo/Cornelius Sia (LCSC) def. Ricky Leyva/Chris Mott (TVCC) 6-0
- Thomas Schaap (LCSC) def. Spencer Bayes (TVCC) 6-0, 6-0
- Andy Wu (LCSC) def. Max Walters (TVCC) 6-0, 6-0
- Malte Sommer (LCSC) def. Jared Hally (TVCC) 6-0, 6-0
- Cornelius Sia (LCSC) def. Ricky Leyva (TVCC) 6-1, 6-0
- Juan Naranjo (LCSC) def. Chris Mott (TVCC) 6-0, 6-0
- Alexis Maison/Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) def. Alexa Hine/Kass Hernandez (TVCC) 6-2
- Bonolo Molefe/Beatriz Lambru (LCSC) def. Erin Hawker/Michelle Torres (TVCC) 6-0
- Alexis Maison (LCSC) def. Alexa Hine (TVCC) 6-1, 6-0
- Lina Boylan (LCSC) def. Kass Hernandez (TVCC) 6-0, 6-1
- Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) def. Erin Hawker (TVCC) 6-0, 6-1
- Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) def. Michelle Torres (TVCC) 6-0, 6-0
Stay up to date on all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com or on social media @LCWarriors.