NEW ORLEANS, LA – The Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team swept past LSU Shreveport (La.) in the opening round of the Red River Athletic Conference Tournament at the XULA Tennis Center.
Yelena Kim and Lina Boylan battled to a No. 1 doubles victory over Angela Basto and Sophia De Michele 6-3. Catherine Khardina and Heidi Moyo won their No. 2 doubles match against Carmen Perez and Cristhine de Freitas 6-1.
In singles competition the Warriors did not drop a set. Kim won in No. 1 singles over Basto 6-3, 6-2. Boylan won in No. 2 singles with the set results flipped, a 6-2, 6-3 win over Michele.
Khardina (No.3), Moyo (No. 4) and Alexis Maison (No. 5) were victorious in their singles matches. LSU Shreveport did not have enough players to compete and had to forfeit a singles and doubles match.
1. Yelena Kim/Lina Boylan (LCSC) def. Angela Basto/Sophia De Michele (LSUS) 6-3
2. Catherine Khardina/Heidi Moyo (LCSC) def. Carmen Perez/Cristhine de Freitas (LSUS) 6-1
3. Alexis Maison/Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) won by default
1. Yelena Kim (LCSC) def. Angela Basto (LSUS) 6-3, 6-2
2. Lina Boylan (LCSC) def. Sophia de Michele (LSUS) 6-2, 6-3
3. Catherine Khardina (LCSC) def. Carmen Perez (LSUS) 6-1, 6-4
4. Heidi Moyo (LCSC) def. Cristhine de Freitas (LSUS) 6-1, 6-1
5. Alexis Maison (LCSC) def. Catherine de Freitas (LSUS) 6-2, 6-1
6. Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) won by default