LEWISTON – The (RV) Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis team did not drop a set in a 7-0 sweep of NCAA Division III opponent Whitworth on Sunday at the LCSC Tennis Center.
The victory improved the Warrior record to 3-3 on the season.
LC swept the three doubles matches with Dan Felker and Cade Edwards teaming up in No. 1 doubles to take down Peyton Romey and Nathan Tjelle 6-4. Austin Swing and Declan Townsend earned a win in No. 2 doubles 6-1 while Maksim Matyrnyi and Andy Wu won in No. 3 doubles 6-4.
The closest singles match came in No. 1 singles where Felker was able to outlast Ethan Warring 6-4, 6-3. Matyrnyi did not lose a game in No. 6 singles with a win over Colby Cinqmars.
Edwards swept his opening set in No. 3 singles en route to a 6-0, 6-2 win against Romey. Townsend (No. 2), Swing (No. 4) and Daniel Tevez (No. 5) also earned singles victories.
The Warriors travel to Georgia to compete in five matches in three days starting with a meeting with No. 6 Middle Georgia State in Lawrenceville, Georgia at 1 p.m. PT on Thursday.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.
- Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Peyton Romey/Nathan Tjelle (WU) 6-4
- Austin Swing/Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Ethan Warring/Jess Weaver (WU) 6-1
- Maksim Matyrnyi/Andy Wu (LCSC) def. Henry Preacher/Colby Cinqmars (WU) 6-4
- Dan Felker (LCSC) def. Ethan Warring (WU) 6-4, 6-3
- Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Nathan Tjelle (WU) 6-2, 6-3
- Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Peyton Romey (WU) 6-0, 6-2
- Austin Swing (LCSC) def. Henry Preacher (WU) 6-4, 6-1
- Daniel Tevez (LCSC) def. Jess Weaver (WU) 6-2, 6-3
- Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) def. Colby Cinqmars (WU) 6-0 6-0