PORTLAND, Ore. – The (RV) Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis team earned its first victory of the season with a 9-0 sweep over NCAA Division III Lewis & Clark College of Oregon. The Warriors did not drop a set in the victory.
Dan Felker earned a No. 1 singles victory over Kristian Peev 6-4, 6-2. Cade Edwards was also able to earn a straight-set victory against Matt Chio in No. 2 singles, 6-4, 6-1. Itaru Kikuchi made his 2023 debut with a 6-4, 6-0 victory in No. 3 singles.
The closest match of the night came in No. 4 singles where Austin Swing was able to dispatch Alberto Dos Santos 6-2, 7-5.
All three doubles teams came away with 8-3 victories. Kikuchi and Declan Townsend teamed up to take home No. 1 doubles.
The Warriors continue their Oregon road trip with a match at DIII George Fox at 4 p.m. in Newberg on Friday.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.
1. Itaru Kikuchi/Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Kristian Peev/Landon Cronin (L&C) 8-3
2. Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Wade McDermott/Kai Wills (L&C) 8-3
3. Andy Wu/Austin Swing (LCSC) def. Albert Dos Santos/Matt Chio (L&C) 8-3
1. Dan Felker (LCSC) def. Kristian Peev (L&C) 6-4, 6-2
2. Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Matt Chio (L&C) 6-4, 6-1
3. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) def. Landon Cronin (L&C) 6-4, 6-0
4. Austin Swing (LCSC) def. Alberto Dos Santos (L&C) 6-2, 7-5
5. Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) def. Wade McDermott (L&C) 6-2, 6-1
6. Daniel Tevez (LCSC) def. Kai Wills (L&C) 7-5, 6-0