BOISE – The Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team ended a challenging road trip with a 7-0 loss to NCAA Division I opponent Idaho State on Sunday.
“The players did what they could today given the conditions of travel and being on the road,” LC tennis coach Kai Fong said. “We know what we have to do to get better.”
Lina Boylan played in the tightest game of the day. Playing in No. 3 singles, the sophomore played two competitive sets before losing to Leah Kuruvilla 6-4, 6-3.
In No. 5 singles, Bonolo Molefe pushed the opening set to nine games before falling 6-3, 6-0.
Yelena Kim and Beatriz Lambru in No. 1 doubles and Heidi Moyo and April Buckingham in No. 3 doubles were able to win games, but both lost 6-2.
1. Lola O’Lideaha/Sol O’Lideaha (ISU) def. Yelena Kim/Beatriz Lambru (LCSC) 6-2
2. Hana Cho/Leah Kuruvilla (ISU) def. Lina Boylan/Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) 6-0
3. Stefanya Shalakhova/Olivia Mikkelson (ISU) def. Heidi Moyo/April Buckingham (LCSC) 6-2
1. Hana Cho (ISU) def. Yelena Kim (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Lola O’Lideadha (ISU) def. Beatriz Lambru (LCSC) 6-1, 6-2
3. Leah Kuruvilla (ISU) def. Lina Boylan (LCSC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Sydney Morris (ISU) def. Catherine Khardina (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Stefanya Shalakhova (ISU) def. Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) 6-3, 6-0
6. Olivia Mikkelson (ISU) def. April Buckingham (6-2, Ret.)
The Warriors will play at home for the first time in 2023 when they host Whitworth at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.