FOREST GROVE, Ore. – The Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team dropped matches at the top of singles and doubles, but the Warrior depth took care of business in a 6-3 victory over NCAA Division III opponent Pacific on Friday.
LC State has now won two of its last three matches to improve its record to 9-7.
The Warriors took two of three of the doubles contests as Heidi Moyo and Bonolo Molefe teamed up for a No. 2 doubles victory over Anna Emerson and Anneke Hanson 8-3. Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva and Anne Mathema were victorious in No. 3 doubles with an 8-2 win over Keilyn Futter and Angela Nguyen.
“We could not stop the Binder sisters at the top of the lineup, but our depth made it happen to get the victory,” LC coach Kai Fong said.
Cassidy and Sydnie Binder of Pacific were able to take victories in the top two singles matches, but the Warriors swept the other four while only dropping a combined three games.
April Buckingham and Silva swept through No. 5 and No. 6 singles, respectively, without losing a game. Moyo earned a 6-2, 6-0 win over Emerson in No. 3 singles and Mathema improved to 3-0 in No. 4 singles action when she defeated Nguyen 6-0, 6-1.
- Sydnie Binder/Cassidy Binder (PU) def. Yelena Kim/April Buckingham (LCSC) 8-4
- Heidi Moyo/Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) def. Anna Emerson/Anneke Hanson (PU) 8-3
- Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva/Anne Mathema (LCSC) def. Keilyn Futter/Angela Nguyen 8-2
- Cassidy Binder (PU) def. Yelena Kim (LCSC) 7-5, 4-6, 10-3
- Sydnie Binder (PU) def. Lina Boylan (LCSC) 6-4, 6-3
- Heidi Moyo (LCSC) def. Anna Emerson 6-2, 6-0
- Anne Mathema (LCSC) def. Angela Nguyen 6-0, 6-1
- April Buckingham (LCSC) def. Keilyn Futter (PU) 6-0, 6-0
- Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) def. Anneke Hanson (PU) 6-0, 6-0
The Warriors return home to host Idaho State at 2 p.m. on Monday.
Stay up to date on all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.