LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. – Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis, receiving votes in the national poll, fell to (RV) St. Thomas (Fla.) on Friday in Georgia. The Bobcats swept the Warriors for a 7-0 final.
With the loss, LC Stats is 3-5 on the season.
“We had close matches pretty much up and down the lineup,” Head Coach Kai Fong said. “The team battled through the cold and the wind. The effort is there and sustainable.”
Dan Felker and Cade Edwards had the tightest doubles match in the top spot. The duo pushed the match to 7-5 in favor of St. Thomas.
Declan Townsend (No. 2 singles) and Austin Swing (No. 5 singles) each battled through three sets in their matches. Swing took the opening set of his by a score of 6-2 before dropping the next two by slim margins.
- Raul Sajont/Carlos Vidal (STU) def. Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) 7-5
- Maxi Rozas/Berni Tajada (STU) def. Declan Townsend/Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 6-4
- Jakub Federowicz/Oliver Anderson (STU) def. Andy Wu/Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-4
- Raul Sajont (STU) def. Dan Felker (LCSC) 6-4, 6-3
- Berni Tajada (STU) def. Declan Townsend (LCSC) 7-6, 4-6, 6-3
- Carlos Vidal (STU) def. Cade Edwards (LCSC) 6-1, 6-4
- Maxi Rozas (STU) def. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 7-6, 7-6
- Jakub Federowicz (STU) def. Austin Swing (LCSC) 2-6, 7-5, 10-7
- Oliver Anderson (STU) def. Daniel Tevez (LCSC) 6-0, 6-4
The Warriors close out the trip on Saturday with a match against No. 12 Cumberland (Tenn.) at 7 a.m. PT.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.