New Orleans– The Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team was eliminated from the Red River Athletic Conference Tournament after a 4-0 loss to No. 4 and host Xavier (La.) at the XULA Tennis Center.
The loss moves the Warrior record to 13-13.
Yelena Kim and Lina Boylan were swept in No. 1 doubles against Mbali Langa and Valentina Largacha. Catherine Khardina and Heidi Moyo dropped their No. 2 doubles contest 6-2 against Kareemah Muhammad and Valaine Clarke.
Boylan lost to Tianna Dixon in No. 2 singles 6-2, 6-1. Khardina was unable to win a set in a No. 3 singles loss to Largacha. Alexis Maison was able to win just one game in a No. 5 singles loss to Yi-Chen Pao.
The Warriors will return home to host Treasure Valley CC in a non-team scoring event on Friday, May 5.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.
1. Mbali Langa/Valentina Largacha (XULA) def. Yelena Kim/Lina Boylan (LCSC) 6-0
2. Kareemah Muhammad/Valaine Clarke (XULA) def. Catherine Khardina/Heidi Moyo (LCSC) 6-2
3. Alexis Maison/Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) vs. Tianna Dixon/McKennah Wheatley (XULA) 4-4 DNF
1. Mbali Langa (XULA) vs. Yelena Kim (LCSC) 7-6(5), 2-1 DNF
2. Tianna Dixon (XULA) def. Lina Boylan (LCSC) 6-2, 6-1
3. Valentina Largacha (XULA) def. Catherine Khardina (LCSC) 6-1, 6-4
4. McKennah Wheatley (XULA) def. Heidi Moyo (LCSC) 6-2, 3-2 DNF
5. Yi-Chen Pao (XULA) def. Alexis Maison (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Jalynn Balleste (XULA) vs. Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) 6-4, 2-1 DNF