November 27, 2023
PULLMAN, WA—The Pullman Regional Hospital Women’s Leadership Guild held its annual Grant Award Celebration on Tuesday, November 14 and distributed $14,000 in grant awards to seven regional nonprofits that empower women’s and children’s health and wellness.
This year’s recipients of $2,000 each include:
- Circles of Caring Adult Day Health—client appreciation projects
- Family Promise of the Palouse—healthcare services for women and children
- Palouse Discovery Science Center—Mudskippers educational program for young learners
- Palouse School Food Pantry—nutrition supplies
- Pullman Child Welfare—Grandparents Caring for Grandchildren program
- United Way of Whitman County—Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- YMCA of the Palouse—Calm Down Centers at after-school program locations
The evening of celebration was hosted by Linda Nihoul, WSU alum, healthcare advocate, retired wealth management professional, and philanthropist. Nihoul shared her generosity journey—her path from a $5 donation to transformational giving. “We want to leave the world better than how we found it,” said Linda Nihoul.
“Our guild—a group of women who believe in the power of collective giving—is stronger and more impactful because we are giving together,” shared Stacey Swift, Chair of the Women’s Leadership Guild. “We teach by doing. As a mom, I think about this every day. By giving to our community non-profits, we are showing our kids a better world is possible when we give back together.”
About The Pullman Regional Hospital Women’s Leadership Guild
Established in January of 2015 the Women’s Leadership Guild empowers regional non-profit agencies in support of women’s and children’s health and Pullman Regional Hospital’s highest needs through membership contributions. To date, the Guild has raised and gifted more than $286,500 through an annual grantmaking program.
The 40-member Guild is chaired by Stacey Swift and includes board members, Ginger Flynn, Cheryl Oliver, Susie Skavdahl, and Katie Van Wyngarden. To learn more about the Guild, visit pullmanregional.org/wlg or call Stephanie Pierce at (509) 332-2044.