Serve Washington is hiring an administrative specialist!
Salary range: Based on the compensation range we are advertising, the starting salary offer will be determined based on the successful candidates’ qualifications within the budgeted salary range of $47,000 – $68,000 annually. However, there is ability for longevity growth and progression in salary for the individual once employed.
What this job is about:
As the Administrative Specialist, you will provide administrative support to the Director of Programs, Washington Climate Corp Network Director and the Director of Equity and Grants. You’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in initiatives and activities that have a major impact on the program’s daily activities and future events.
As the backbone of our division, you will play a critical role in ensuring all external events are held with high standards to ensure a positive member experience. If you have strong organizational skills, are creative and flexible and can calmly manage numerous, complex schedules and priorities, then we encourage you to apply now!
Please note: Incumbent must be physically present in the office based on business needs and/or environmental circumstances.
What you’ll do:
- Manage time sensitive calendar appointments and scheduling.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the supported team members; prepare, edit, finalize, and distribute meeting materials and agendas.
- Compile reports and analyze content in order to identify discrepancies and gaps.
- Assist with day-to-day operations by answering questions regarding organization operations, functions, and policies.
- Assist with personnel processes such as those related to recruitment, selection, and appointment; has general knowledge of HR procedures and processes.
- Manage the Serve Washington mailbox and dedicated phone number.
- Plan and execute events in collaboration with organizational leadership. Oversee logistics and scheduling of stakeholder meetings, workshops, and events to include securing locations, inviting attendees, identifying and securing technology and facility logistics, day-of set up and technical support, etc.
- Track event costs and report expenses while adhering to approved budget limits; prepare event budget for leadership approval.
- Develop post-event reports on effectiveness of each event; identify areas of improvement.
- Assist with planning of the annual volunteer service award recognition events.
- Prepare in-state and out-of-state travel arrangements and reimbursements for supported team members.
- Serve as the safety coordinator (primary or back-up); coordinate the updating of the Serve Washington COOP plan as needed, and not less than annually.
- Three (3) years of administrative or office operations experience, including supporting a manager.
- Experience producing professional and accurate correspondence, documents, and communications.
- Knowledge of correspondence guidelines and proper grammar, punctuation, and formatting rules.
- Intermediate level experience using Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
The most successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Complete multiple assignments and projects by utilizing good judgment, managing priorities, and meeting deadlines amongst frequent interruptions.
- Anticipate schedules and deadlines and prepare materials/documents in advance.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and data.
- Work both independently and as a member of a work unit, as well as the ability to seek and follow supervisory direction.
- Engage others in open, constructive, and candid discussion and build good working relationships with multiple stakeholders who may hold different points of view.
- Experience providing administrative support to executive level staff.
- One year or more of experience working in state government; knowledge of government organization, government functions, and legislative processes.
- Familiarity with the State Administrative and Accounting Manual.
- Event planning experience.
How to apply:
View the complete description and apply at Caution: EmailHosting.cloud has detected a possible phishing attempt from “lnks.gd” claiming to be governmentjobs.com.
For questions about this recruitment or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email Leila at [email protected]. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.