LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. – Lewis-Clark State Men’s Tennis, receiving votes in the national poll, won its top three singles contests, but took a 4-3 loss to No. 12 Cumberland (Tenn.).
The loss ends a shortened Georgia trip where the Warriors finished 0-3. LC is now 3-6 on the season.
Dan Felker earned the victory in No. 1 singles 6-2, 6-4 over Pavel Kelo. Declan Townsend won in No. 2 singles over Adrijan Hrzic 7-6, 7-5. Cade Edwards was victorious in No. 3 singles 6-1, 6-4 against Daniel Wessels.
Itaru Kikuchi took the opening set in No. 4 singles before losing to Julian Parada 1-6, 6-2, 6-0.
- Pavel Kelo/Adrijan Hrzic (CU) def. Dan Felker/Cade Edwards (LCSC) 6-1
- Julian Parada/German Suarez (CU) def. Itaru Kikuchi/Decland Townsend (LCSC) 6-4
- Dan Trost/Daniel Wessels (CU) def. Andy Wu/Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 7-5
- Dan Felker (LCSC) def. Pavel Kelo (CU) 6-2 6-4
- Declan Townsend (LCSC) def. Adrijan Hrzic (CU) 7-6 7-5
- Cade Edwards (LCSC) def. Daniel Wessels (CU) 6-1 6-4
- Julian Parada (CU) def. Itaru Kikuchi (LCSC) 1-6 6-2 6-0
- German Suarez (CU) def. Austin Swing (LCSC) 6-3 7-6
- Fernando Flores (CU) def. Maksim Matyrnyi (LCSC) 6-1 6-2
The Warriors travel to Spokane to play Whitworth at 3 p.m. on Monday.
Stay up to date with all things Warriors Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.