LEWISTON – The Lewis-Clark State Women’s Tennis team earned a 7-0 victory in its home opener against NCAA Division III Whitworth on Saturday, taking all six singles contests and two of three doubles matches.
The Warriors did not drop a set in the six singles victories and improved to 2-3 on the season.
“The LCSC Women’s Tennis team took what it learned playing three NCAA Division I schools the previous weekend, dominating Whitworth University in the first home match of the season 7-0,” assistant coach Tony Anegon said.
Yelena Kim won in No. 1 singles 6-1, 6-2 with a victory against Gracie Smyley. Beatriz Lambru (No. 2) and Catherine Khardina (No. 3) each won their singles matches while only dropping one game.
Kim and Anne Mathema won in No. 2 doubles against Kara Nelson and Meredith Bedford 6-2 while Heidi Moyo and Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva took home a victory in No. 3 doubles against Olivia Corbett and Liza Hopkins 6-1.
1. Gracie Smyley/Natalie Budge (Whit) def. Beatriz Lambru/Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) 6-2
2. Yelena Kim/Anne Mathema (LCSC) def. Kara Nelson/Meredith Bedford (Whit) 6-2
3. Heidi Moyo/Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) def. Olivia Corbett/Liza Hopkins (Whit) 6-1
1. Yelena Kim (LCSC) def. Gracie Smyley (Whit) 6-1, 6-2
2. Beatriz Lambru (LCSC) def. Natalie Budge (Whit) 6-1, 6-0
3. Catherine Khardina (LCSC) def. Kara Nelson (Whit) 6-0, 6-1
4. Maria Eduarda Santos da Silva (LCSC) def. Meredith Bedford (Whit) 6-0, 6-4
5. Bonolo Molefe (LCSC) def. Olivia Corbett (Whit) 6-1, 6-2
6. Naiara Montero (LCSC) def. Liza Hopkin (Whit) 6-1, 6-2
The Warriors welcome College of Idaho to the LCSC Tennis Center at 10 a.m. on Sunday. The match will be the only NAIA contest in Lewiston this season.
Stay up to date with all things Warrior Athletics at lcwarriors.com and on social media @LCWarriors.